Uses of Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) Simulation in industry have many virtues and limitations. Its usage will not only make product better but also help reduce the overall product development time.
- If you are working on a completely new concept of a machine and does not have enough empirical data about the machine.
- If you have a machine of smaller scale which has been thoroughly tested in past about its performance and want to upgrade to a higher capacity machine without going through the same costly and time-consuming product development cycle.
- You have been using CFD tools in your product development process but accuracy of prediction has not been to desired level.
- You have encoutered a break-down or deterioration in performance of the machine over time and looking for technical data for root-cause analysis.
- You are eveluating the idea to develop in-house resources for future applications of fluid mechanics and heat transfer problems but do not want to invest right way.
Services / products:
When I meet God, I am going to ask him
two questions: why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have answer for the first!
Sir Horace Lamb, 1932, in an address to the British Association for the Advancement of Science:
"I am an old man now, and when I die and go to heaven there are two matters on which I hope for enlightenment. One is
quantum electrodynamics, and the other is the turbulent motion of fluids.
And about the former I am rather optimistic."
Clearly, the complexity of the phenomena of fluid dynamics cannot be explained in any further terms. Indeed, any "CFD simulation" is a rich blend of art, science and technical skills.
When we say that it is an art, we mean that a lot goes into such calculations to exploit the power of this tool to get desired outcome. The application of CFD tool in simulation of Internal Combustion Engines is an example!
The content on CFDyna.com is being constantly refined and improvised with on-the-job experience, testing, and training. Examples might be simplified to improve insight into the physics and basic understanding. Linked pages, articles, references, and examples are constantly reviewed to reduce errors, but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content.
Last updated: 18-June-2015